- The tar command is not available. Please correctly configure it in your “config.inc.php”.
There are two possible solutions of the above problem, your path to Tar tool is not correct, or the system can’t access to the path. In my case, I have both problems, so:
Solution One: Fixing the path of Tar
Open your terminal
Type which tar or whereis tar
Then use the path it returns in config.inc.php. For example,
tar = /usr/bin/tar
Still receiving the same error message, follow the second step.
- Login to DirectAdmin admin panel.
- Go to “Server Manager > PHP Configuration (or PHP Settings). Select the domain you want to modify and
- Select the option “Disable Open Basedir”
Still getting error? Follow next step.
You may get one of the following issues.
- The “exec” PHP function has been disabled on your server. Contact your system administrator to enable it.
- The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.
To fix the problems, you have to enable exec() function by deleting from the disable_functions
Go to link How to enable exec()