Supported operating systems of DirectAdmin are as follows:
- CloudLinux 6.x 32/64-bit, 7.x 64-bit (recommended)
- RedHat Enterprise / CentOS 6.x 32/64-bit, 7.x 64-bit, 8.x 64-bit
- Debian 8.x 64-bit, , 9.x 64-bit, 10.x 64-bit (click for Ubuntu)
- FreeBSD 11.x 64-bit, 12.x 64-bit
- Processor: At least 500 Mhz (recommended)
- RAM: Minimum 1 GB (2+ GB is preferred), with at least 2 GB of swap memory. ContOS 8: 2 GB, 4+ GB preferred.
- Hard disk: At least 2 gigabytes of free space (after the Linux install) is required.
- Intel and AMD should work fine. Solaris/Sparc will not.
- Ensure SSH is installed and working.
- Ensure named (Name Daemon) is selected during the Redhat install.
- gcc and g++ are required to compile apache and php.
- The system kernel and filesystem must support quotas. The kernel should support IPv6.
You must have root access on the server.
- Do not install services such as Apache, PHP, MySQL, Ftp, Sendmail, etc., as we will do this for you.
- Need is a CLEAN install of your operating system.
- Installing DirectAdmin on an existing live production server is not recommended.
- DirectAdmin does not convert existing data upon install.
- Make sure your license information is correct.
- Make sure your domain is running with the IP address (nameservers)